Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Night We Met

It was a chilly September evening, the night we met.

You wore a white onesie with yellow trim.

And silly Snoopy socks Lizzy thought were cute, even though they were too big.

I was able to feed you and Daddy burped you.

Daddy and I sat on the couch and just stared at you.

After Daddy and I left, we loved that we could still smell you.

You held my fingers while you drank your bottle.

We took a lot of pictures, the night we met.

And asked a lot of questions.

You made funny faces that made everyone laugh.

You couldn't keep your eyes open for more than five minutes.

Daddy got off work at 8 and we rushed over to meet you as soon as he clocked out.

We missed a street and did a U-turn in the middle of the road.

There wasn't a cloud in the sky, the night we met.

And Daddy and I loved every second.

We are very blessed that we get to be your Mommy and Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment