Friday, September 11, 2009

Getting down to business...

Justin and I have been working pretty hard on this adoption for the past couple of days. I'm so exhausted, I could probably sleep for 5 days straight. But I can't because my baby boy needs to come home. And that thought is keeping me going.

Yesterday we were in contact with the birth-family. They are amazing. I feel so blessed that our little guy will grow up in our family, but one day will know what all these wonderful people, who are also his family, did to help us along the way. They have been sending us pictures since yesterday and that alone has been amazing. I wish so many things could have been different, like getting to go up to the hospital, but I am so thankful for what we have received. I seriously couldn't stop looking at my phone today. He is too perfect. I would LOOOOVE to post a picture but due to privacy reasons and the fact he's not *legally* our son, I can't. Soon though, hopefully soon everyone will get to see how adorable he is.

So since Wednesday we've been working getting donations lined up for our silent auction. I typed up a letter and yesterday and today Justin has been going to area businesses telling them our need and delivering letters. My husband is amazing. I need to make a post about all the reasons why I love him...but for now that'll have to wait. I knew he was excited about the baby and that he wanted the baby just as much as I do...but he moved out of his comfort zone to help bring our baby home, and was proving with out a doubt he is totally committed to this. Even just typing it makes me want to cry.

So our silent auction donations are seriously stacking up. We've got some pretty heavy hitters coming in and I'm totally pumped. I am feeling so blessed to have such amazing friends that are just pouring themselves out for us. It is amazing. And humbling. And I am so thankful. I am going to make a post listing all of our silent auction items...but that might have to wait until tomorrow. I'm quickly becoming sleepy.

So in other adoption news...we had our fire inspection today. We passed. Which is good. The inspector made Justin unplug our Bath and Body Works WallFlowers....but other than that we were good to go. Praise the Lord. I mean, we knew we would be fine, but it was still annoying.

We are slowly getting through the list of things we need to get done. Our physicals are next week and thats the last MAJOR thing we have to do. The rest is paper chasing...

And the best news of all...We get to meet the little guy tomorrow. Justin's work schedule is hectic, to say the least, this weekend so when he gets off work tomorrow at 8 we are headed over the maternal-grandma's house. I'm so excited to meet him...the crazy thing is...with the first picture they sent to me, when I opened it I felt like I already knew him. I know that may sound crazy, but it is so true. I felt an amazing peace fill me and I just felt like I knew him. It was a great feeling.

I've rambled long enough and I really need sleep. I slept through Justin's alarm and my alarm this morning....not good...

No comments:

Post a Comment