Saturday, October 10, 2009

Home Stretch!!

We are almost done with this crazy roller coaster ride! I'm so pumped. The Lord has seriously provided us with so many blessings along this journey. We have two major updates to announce...

The first is that my birth certificate finally came and Justin's employer reference has been finished. So we now have everything collected so that our home study can be finalized. It is seriously thisclose to being finished. Hopefully Justin will be hand delivering it to Caring for Kids on Monday or Tuesday! What a relief. This morning I was double checking everything in our folder and couldn't find Alex's physical so I of course was freaking out thinking that we would have to re-do his physical because Justin was sure he had put it on the entertainment center. We searched high and low...and finally gave up. I resigned to the thought of waiting for another dr appointment and just dealing with it...but good news...Justin found it. It was never on the entertainment center. It never made it to the living room. He left it on the dishwasher in the kitchen. Ha. I'm so thankful that he was able to find it...

And our second announcement is....We have raised $4715!! This is an amazing number to me. I'm shocked and overwhelmed and humbled and ecstatic! I actually have 10 people that "ordered" a shirt that haven't paid. If we get those 10 shirts paid for...we would be within $100 of our goal...But Justin and I will pay the difference whether those 10 shirts get paid for or not...So...yeah!! We are done actively seeking donations and selling shirts...although you can still order a shirt if ya want...or donate for that matter...haha. ALSO...our lawyer said it was ok that we did not have the full $5,000.00 and that as long as we get it in as soon as we can. So that is it!

We are able to go to court as soon as our home study is finalized! Hadrian's birthmom is still all for going through with the adoption and Hadrian's birth grandparents are still being amazing. We are actually going to go to court in the county that Justin and I reside in and not the county that birthmom resides in because it will go much quicker. We aren't sure what our relationship with them will be after we get Hadrian, we are open to many things so we might let them tell us what they want and go from there. They are amazing people and I can't imagine them not being a part of his life in some way. We are very grateful to them. Without them we wouldn't have Hadrian :)

In other baby news...I was able to give Hadrian a bath yesterday. He seemed to like it. I was very nervous but I think I did ok for a first timer. Right now I'm doing Hadrian's first load of laundry...I've just been piling all the stuff we've collected but really want to get organized. Soon all the clothes will be laundered and put away nicely in their drawers. It will be nice to know what we have in what sizes...




No comments:

Post a Comment