Monday, October 26, 2009

adoption is...waiting...

Here we are...Another day come and gone...Another day closer to bringing our son home.

Our visits with him are so bittersweet. I look forward to them but I also get very sad when I think of them. I know they are just visits...and after an hour (or two if we are lucky...well...we usually are there for 2 hours...who am I kidding?) We have to put him down and walk out the door. We take the band-aid approach...We usually do it very quickly...a quick snuggle and kiss on the forehead and out the door we go. I also like to leave when he is asleep. I like to think that he always fights sleep because he has noticed this pattern of us showing up...him falling asleep...us leaving and him waking up with out us. But I'm pretty sure he just likes to fight sleep because he can. As I was saying...leaving him is getting harder and harder to do.

But soon...very soon...we will leave the house as a family. We will no longer be empty handed...we will be...full handed? Oh what a day...I can hardly wait.

We did hear from the lawyer today...but still nothing concrete. Ugh. Don't the court people know that our baby boy needs to come home soon so I can slather him with mommy kisses?! We found out that the lawyer requested tomorrow, Wed, or Thus as the best days...So really...we should know something tomorrow...right? Right.

Here is a strange thing...The two year anniversary of our house fire is on Thursday...October 29th...As much as I would love to pick Hadrian up Wed or even tomorrow...a part of me wants our court day to be on Thu. I feel like the Lord is wiping that date clean and giving us a huge blessing. We will no longer look at the 29th as a day of mourning but as a day of celebration!

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

I am finding my peace in this verse...I know that this is all in God's time...I know that...Sometimes I forget...but I know waiting is renewing my strength. It is not draining me...no...it is giving me strength to continue on this bumpy road to our son...

Pretty soon we'll be able to post pictures of Hadrian...here is a teaser...I took this picture today with my phone, so it is the most recent pic of him that I have....



:) beautiful :)

I apologize if this post feels disjointed...my mind is moving quicker than my fingers....

No comments:

Post a Comment